Recently Played...

« Home | Christians can miss it... » | The Worship Freehouse: Who Am I? » | Old thoughts... » | Change... » | Check this out » | "Killing" the Bible » | More of Hawaii » | I wish it was warm » | Le Parkour? » | Foundations » 

Monday, February 27, 2006 

Loss

Today, it was official. After having to hold in a sad secret it was announced. My friend, and mentor will be leaving YFC after 4 years. I have worked very closely with him for the past 2 years as he has guided me into ministry at YFC. I feel extremely blessed to have been able to be led under his leadership. For many at the office this has come as a surprise, although, being so close to him I have felt it coming. Deep down I just felt like it wouldn't ever happen and we would continue to work together for years. So I feel a great sense of loss. Both for myself as I feel alone, and for our office team as we have lost one of the best leaders. I feel abit like team canada hockey team without Mario Lemieux and wonder if I am going to fall on my face like the team did this year without him. Although I know that this is part of God's plan, I also know that I don't have to like it. Even Jesus wanted to have his burden removed, but he wanted to do God's will more. As do I. I know that the next few months as he transitions away will be difficult and stretching, but I still feel tremedous loss. Please pray for me, as his leaving effects me the most of anyone at our office.

So sorry about this - the two of you seemed almost joined at the hip. But this is a stretching experience for you - be assured that you are in our prayers.

Speak your mind

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates