Recently Played...

« Home | Calbreak Sneak Peek » | Shifting to the Missional » | Renos » | Busier than ever » | More walking » | Libby walking » | Relevance, Faith & Art » | SOLD!! » | The Red Eye Run » | Walking » 

Friday, June 08, 2007 

Not dead yet

I promise that I haven't died. Life at our under construction house continues and for some reason this is cutting into my blogging time. We have almost all of our cabinets (one is missing) and we have begun to assemble them. This was then followed by making a mistake and taken some of the cabinets apart to reassemble them. And Yes, I promise we read the instructions.

Now we have discovered that since the interior of the cabinets and the doors are different colors, that we are to iron on new veeners so that the outside colors will all be the same. I think this will be the most annoying part of the whole process. Frustration is an understatement when it come to this whole kitchen process. If you would like to take over and complete the job for me, come on over.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we haven't even begun to hang any of the cabinets yet. Nor have we had to deal with the strange plumbing job that will be under the sink, or figured out how to wire in the dishwasher. Fun times ahead.

I think if we have the kitchen complete by September I will be happy. Might wife might not be, but I will.

Until my sanity returns.

Sounds like a huge pain...but just envision your new kitchen when it's all done...it will be great! The joys of home renos!

I don't get it....you have to iron on veneers to the outside? That seems strange to me, but then I have never renovated a kitchen before! Good luck. I am sure once it is complete it will look great.

Where are your cabinets from!? I'd volunteer Ryan's help, except he's busy re-roofing our house this weekend, and then we have to re-sod and maybe do something about the porch...Sorry - we're still in reno mode, too!

cabinets our from home depot. yeah for renovating. I love it, okay, i don't love it anymore as its been a month already.

Speak your mind

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates