Recently Played...

« Home | Post Emergent? » | Loss » | Christians can miss it... » | The Worship Freehouse: Who Am I? » | Old thoughts... » | Change... » | Check this out » | "Killing" the Bible » | More of Hawaii » | I wish it was warm » 

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 

Preaching?

Why exactly is preaching so important in our churches? I thought I could write something good about this, but I would fail, so why not post a link to someone who already made a good post about this. Click here to read it.
I especially enjoyed the link in the above article from the "Complex Christ." Too often I feel like I should have enjoyed the sermon because I am supposed too. But really when was the last time I enjoyed a sermon? Can't remember.

We also always ask each other "how was church?" Often if the sermon was "good" then we liked church and if we didn't like the sermon then we respond "it was alright" or "okay." But why is the sermon such an important element. There is no real dialogue and no real community in the sermon. And often these same things can be said of the "worship" part of the service. Which begs the question, isn't it supposed to be the Sunday Worship Service? Shouldn't the whole service be worship? Why is there a time when we enter into worship? Why do we say things like "thanks for that great time of leading us in worship" And the sermon then follows that comment. If we are to be making disciples how is this sunday morning meeting accomplishing this. What should we change? How do we need to act. As I believe we talk about things too much and don't DO anything. See previous post where I talk about this issue. How do we need to react? Should we quit preaching in church? Should we replace it with something else? If so what? These are issues that I believe are relevant.

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates