Recently Played...

« Home | Sorry... » | Top Ten Poker Quotes - #3 » | Name that Movie » | Stashing good looks » | Technology at its finest » | The Judas I Never Knew » | Top Ten Poker Quotes - #4 » | Father to be... » | Top Ten Poker Quotes - #5 » | Etched » 

Saturday, May 06, 2006 

Finished and waiting...

Well, late last Saturday night (3am actually) the Calbreak video was complete. It then took abit of last minute tweaking on Monday to have it ready to get duplicated. Some 200 DVD's will be duplicated in the next few weeks by our office. However, the long hours are over. Just to give you an idea of how many hours a video like this takes. Between three people working on the video in less than 7 days we put in close to 175 hours! That's right, I didn't get that wrong...88hrs is what I worked on it and we still can't believe we finished it that fast. In previous years ALL the work was done by Greg and it would take him much longer than a week. Anyways, I guess that puts the time in as more than 1 hour for every minute in the final product. Crazy!
Life is starting return to normal, however, being so busy was great to keep my mind off waiting for our baby to be born. Now, I have time to relax (which I won't later I guess) and wait and think, and wait and wait some more. With about 2 weeks to go and not much to occupy my time, I think I just might go crazy. The final thing that I want to say is this: being a man and watching your wife live in a constant state of 'uncomfort' during these last few weeks isn't easy. God knew what he was doing when decided that the women would carry the child, because I think we as men our kinda wusses. We seem to agonize over the pain our wives go through. I think if we where going through the pain ourselves we just might lose it. And know for a favorite quote I recently 'heard'. "If it's space your lacking, keep your fanny a packing."

AAaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhh Terrible phrase!

I worked with a woman who agreed with you about watching someone in pain. She had been in the delivery room with a friend of hers and she said she'd rather be the one having the baby than the one watching someone have a baby (and yes...she's actually given birth before several times including twins). Don't know if that's the choice I'd make though...watching definitely seemed easier!

Speak your mind

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates