Recently Played...

« Home | The Office... » | Please pray » | Libby loves to help » | Cabinets get some doors » | Kitchen on move in day » | Not dead yet » | Calbreak Sneak Peek » | Shifting to the Missional » | Renos » | Busier than ever » 

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 

Sin to Succeed

David Hayward over at nakedpastor had some great thoughts on how we in society and as a church can often use the motto, "The ends justify the means" to succeed. Here is an excerpt.

"Which got me thinking about another great human achievement, the Pyramids of Egypt, which, although arguable, were built from slave labour. Which got me thinking about so many other things that we enjoy today that have been produced directly from imposed cruelty and human suffering. Which got me thinking about so much of the church today."
Read the rest here

Being in ministry I think sometimes this can also be shown in the lives of pastors and those of us in fulltime ministry. We are "required" to work long hours and be "on call" 24hrs a day. The damages of this aren't always as noticeable, but it can have a huge effect on the family.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates