Recently Played...

« Home | D4 needs your help » | Fall is here... » | Pictures from BC » | Holidays » | My .Mac Web Gallery » | We aren't a business... » | Hot and Hotter!! » | Blogging Addiction » | Help me! » | Help needed » 

Thursday, September 13, 2007 

Cut to the bone

Following is a quote from a blog I read recently about blogging and facebook and I feel that its a great commentary on things. Click on the link to read the rest.

Blog is dead...
I too have noticed not only on this blog but on every other blog server that there are no more postings except by a few Christian writers. This distresses me because ... with everything the world is becoming to convenient without any worry of actual thinking! SO now have with sites like Facebook taking over in which there is only surface level garb with no meat to it at all.


I think that this is a great wake up call for my current writing and I need to get back to writing. This comes at a great time for me. Next week, all of the YFC staff here in Saskatoon are going on a 24hr Solo. What that means is that I will pack up a tent and hike, canoe to a quiet place at the far end of Ranger Lake(where we are all going) and be completely alone in solitude for 24hrs. No cellphones, internet, or ipods. While I have generally enjoyed times of solitude in the past, I have never engaged in one for this long of a time before. But it could spur on some writing, which is just what my blog needs.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates