Recently Played...

« Home | MC Hammer Blog » | Microsoft Ipod? » | Preaching? » | Post Emergent? » | Loss » | Christians can miss it... » | The Worship Freehouse: Who Am I? » | Old thoughts... » | Change... » | Check this out » 

Friday, March 03, 2006 

Humble Pie

Why is it that we think we are so powerful? We think we can do everything by ourselves and that we don't need help. So often we might not say exactly that we think we can do it all, but everyday we wake up and get ready for life without once considering how we even got to the place we now our. I don't mean, the life we now live with our families, jobs, or whatever, but I mean life and how we live it. We take it forgranted. We look at our "wonderful life" and seem to be proud of it and everything that we accomplish and do. Recently, I hurt my back, and not just alittle, I mean, I can barely get out of bed in the morning. I have become powerless. I can't even get my own socks on in the morning. It was hard for me to allow my wife to help me at first, but then I realized that I was humbled. I couldn't do everything by myself anymore. It was a small or infinidisimal look into the lives of people like the elderly or the paralysed. But this small humbling I believe can teach us more than just to appreciate or to look after these people, but it teaches us that our life is not our own. We are so individualistic in our modern society. We think we can do everything and that we are so powerful, but I believe we are really very powerless. So today, may you realize that your life is a gift and that we all need to look beyond ourselves. May we come to live in a humble manner and not in a "me" first kinda way. Without living this way, I don't think we can possible be able to hear from God. I think that God chooses to humble us at times so that he can get His voice through, but why don't we live humbly so that we can hope to hear His voice all the time?

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates