Recently Played...

« Home | Snowflakes » | Slip N Slide » | Humble Pie » | MC Hammer Blog » | Microsoft Ipod? » | Preaching? » | Post Emergent? » | Loss » | Christians can miss it... » | The Worship Freehouse: Who Am I? » 

Thursday, March 09, 2006 

Ramblings to a computer screen

Lately, I feel like this blog is so deep, so full of my own ramblings. Why exactly do I write all these thoughts onto a screen and send it off into cyberspace where anyone could possible read or maybe no one will read it. Why? Well, I read a post from someone else's blog about how these blogs are virtual porch swings. It talks about how people use to gather on porches to talk, ramble, and have much of the same dialogue that we do on these blogs. Is that what these blogs our, or, in fact are they a sign of a culture that is missing community so much that we have created a "virtual" community. Our we scared of true community? Is blogging away of testing the waters to see whether or not we can really enter into community? We can enter into someone's blog, and then leave when we don't like it or feel we are being pushed out of our comfort zone. Can these virtual communities thrive to become relevant communities? Thoughts...

A good supplement is right. However, I think that sometimes we create these virtual communities first, when they should come after relevant communities already exist.

Yeah, I gotta say that the reason I enjoy reading blogs so much is because I get to know my existing friends in a different light. Things get said on our blogs that may not get said otherwise.

Speak your mind

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates