Recently Played...

« Home | Top Ten Poker Quotes - #7 » | Its a small world after all » | Top Ten Poker Quotes - #8 » | Slid n Slide Part 2 » | Top Ten Poker Quotes - #9 » | Top Ten Poker Quotes - #10 » | I think, therefore, I mess myself up » | A rose smells just as sweet » | Time » | Ramblings to a computer screen » 

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 

Vernal what?

So today is the first day of Spring, for nerds like me; yes I admit it, today is known as the Vernal Equinox. Following is some info for those that didn't already know this info.

The date (near March 21 in the northern hemisphere) when night and day are nearly the same length and Sun crosses the celestial equator (i.e., declination 0) moving northward. In the southern hemisphere, the vernal equinox corresponds to the center of the Sun crossing the celestial equator moving southward and occurs on the date of the northern autumnal equinox. The vernal equinox marks the first day of the season of spring. The right ascension at the vernal equinox originally was in the constellation Aries and the point of crossing was known as the first point in Aries (now actually in Pisces because of precession
So I admit that I didn't know all of this (mainly the part of Aries). In layman's terms, today is Spring. Enough said.

Ahhh. 1 day closer to riding.

Speak your mind

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates