Recently Played...

« Home | Slid n Slide Part 2 » | Top Ten Poker Quotes - #9 » | Top Ten Poker Quotes - #10 » | I think, therefore, I mess myself up » | A rose smells just as sweet » | Time » | Ramblings to a computer screen » | Snowflakes » | Slip N Slide » | Humble Pie » 

Friday, March 17, 2006 

Top Ten Poker Quotes - #8

This poker quote I believe has been witnessed at my house on many occasions. Thanks Greg.

"The cardinal sin in poker, worse than playing did cards, worse even than figuring your odds correctly, is becoming emotionally involved."

Katy Lederer



Labels:

Hey! I'm not emotional! Quit it, you'll make me cry... Well, better to be emotional while poker-ing than be beat by an emotinal poker-er. Right?! (refer to our last 2 games) Whoops. Was that pride? crap.

Just like an emotional player, quick to rejoice in the current success while forgetting all the heavy loss before. Enjoy your peak on the roller coaster, but us unemotional players will quietly stay out of the red, while the coaster drops.

Drops... on your HEAD! Just like I dropped the Pocket Rockets on you!

My that was emotional, should I bring up all the wins I have against you? I won't cause you would cry yourself to sleep tonight.

There is a reason why it's called "terribly" and not "wonderfully" you know. I think maybe you should look at the crying part abit. I think that someone I know has been known to cry quite easily...

Speak your mind

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates