Recently Played...

« Home | Sleeping » | Father-Daughter » | Libby's One week old » | Libby » | Libby » | First Family Photo » | It's a Girl! » | Day before the due date » | No more... » | Finished and waiting... » 

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 

My turn to blog on...

Well I thought with so many people coming to my blog to check out the great pictures of my wonderful daughter, Libby, that I should at least put something thought provoking. So its my turn to blog on The Da Vinci Code. While alot has been said about this in the Christian community, (some abit over the top conservative) I thought I would post a quote from a recent interview with Brian McLaren and how truth can be found in the book.
"Brown's book is about exposing hypocrisy and cover-up in organized religion, and it is exposing organized religion's grasping for power. Again, there's something in that that people resonate with in the age of pedophilia scandals, televangelists, and religious political alliances. As a follower of Jesus I resonate with their concerns as well."


This is a great interview and McLaren is a great voice in the Church today. Continue reading here

Related to Brian McLaren, I just finished reading his three books in the "New Kind of Christian Series." These books have caused me to rethink many things. Especially the last book titled, "The Last Word and the Word after That," has caused me to really think about my views on heaven and hell. Many of the teachings I recieved before where never really explained and this book raises alot of questions. Hopefully I can blog more on this in the future. For now I am hoping to read some classic works on this issue. "The Great Divorce"-C.S.Lewis and "The Divine Comedy"-Dante. If anyone has read these books I would love to hear what you have to say about them. I have found it interesting that much of our views on hell in our western churches has a great history in theologians and not as much a history coming from the Bible. Interesting...

What a great site » » »

Speak your mind

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates