Recently Played...

« Home | One volunteer » | Solitude part 1 » | More in the school » | Cut to the bone » | D4 needs your help » | Fall is here... » | Pictures from BC » | Holidays » | My .Mac Web Gallery » | We aren't a business... » 

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 

zen and the art of poker booking

So this post is my frustration with people....in the beginning of June when my garage was ready to be used as a drop-in center(complete with pool table, fridge, tv's, etc) I began to plan for a guys poker night. I was very excited as renovations, packing, unpacking all made it nearly impossible to plan a poker night, which I had been having at our old house. So when I sent out the email I was rather excited...however, I had one guy respond...everyone else was busy...off to camp. I figured to myself that it was bad timing and I would wait till after summer. Then at the end of August I sent out another email...now I had been working on the house and garage even more and I was ready to hangout in there even more...what happened...everyone busy again...so I cancelled it for the second time.
So we are now catch up to today...currently I am planning a poker night for this Saturday, which I changed from last week, so this Saturday will mark the fourth time I have try to invite people to my new garage, house to hang out. Right now I have three people...wow, that's triple the previous attempts, but still short of a good group of people. The emails I am getting back are...I'm busy...I have a hockey draft(hockey, people still follow that...geeezzzz), I have to wash my hair, my wife won't let me...(I forgot to mention that since we can play poker and pool in the garage, that spouses are welcome to come hangout with my wife and the other wives), I don't know how to play poker (i'll be more than happy to teach you, I'll even lend you many hours of poker on tv if you want to watch and learn at your leisure).
If you haven't figured it out....I am frustrated with people and there busy schedules. Come on, I have a busy schedule, a family, a job, make time for me, the little guy. How far in advance do I have to book these things anyways, who do I have to call to make it happen? Please give me the name of your secretary and I will call to book an appointment if necessary. I have better luck booking Gymblast® for 70-80 schools then I do booking a poker night for 6-10 people.

Sorry you all had to be here for that...tomorrow...I will hopefully have calmed myself....
Maybe I should just return to that place of solitude at Ranger Lake. Didn't have any problems booking anything there.

Labels:

Sorry, Daryl. I happened to see Greg's e-mail a while ago, and saw it was on the same day as the wedding. I should have e-mailed you right away to let you know.

But, hey, Greg will not be busy every week-end in October at camp, so you can play poker with him every Saturday in October if you like! We should FINALLY be done with our summer schedule this week or so. We're frustrated with busy schedules too.

How late do you think it will go on Saturday? We might be back around 11:00 or so. I can let Greg come then...

You forgot 'I live in a different province' in your list of excuses. ;)

yeah its okay...greg forgets his schedule quite abit i have noticed...


yeah colin, what's up, can't you get a cheap westjet flight?

oh, jess, i don't think it would matter for greg to come at 11pm since the game is most likely cancelled again....hard to play poker with only 3 people for very long that is.

We should probably just link you up to Sunbird, and then you can see exactly when Greg is busy. (He doesn't know his schedule without me -- even with Sunbird apparently!)

Hey, next time you are planning a poker thing, e-mail me too, and you'll get a quicker response. Sad, but true. And for those of you who don't know me, I'm not crazy/domineering.

so i guess i will call the secretary of greg next time...haha

Speak your mind

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates