Recently Played...

« Home | An Invitation to Exit the Madness and Pray » | Prayer for the Week » | Creativity vs Copying » | Sabbath Rest » | Praying for the Lost » | Prayer for the Week » | E-Mail Addiction? » | 100th Post » | The Prayer for the Week » | Posing » 

Thursday, March 08, 2007 

Praying for the Lost Part 2

So it seems that the more I have read about Daniel Nash and other such prayer warriors the more I am being convicted. How many times do I or other ministries actually seek to pray for the lost souls of those we work for, and how often to we actually expect something as a result of praying for them? I am just as guilty as the next guy, but the time as got to come when we as a Church will begin to truly pray for the lost. Praying in such a manner that we are cut to the soul. Praying for the Holy Spirit to truly take control of a situation, to convict, to cut to the heart, and to give us as speakers, evangelists, missionaries, and fellow believers the words to say; how to say them, when to say them, and how to say them. I feel so guilty that whenever I run a program/event/or otherwise, that we are not truly humbling ourselves to pray. I mean really, what do we do, have a staff meeting/training or otherwise prior to whatever it is we are doing and we talk about things and discuss the people we are going to minister to, and then, just when time is running out, we tack on some prayer. How ridiculous does this not sound! It's the same problem the disciples had in the garden isn't it? They are trying to pray, but what do they do, fall asleep.

We have been given a great task, to point others to this mystery of following Jesus, but we have also been told that whatever we ask and pray for we will receive. We must begin to pray like we mean it, prayer that is continual, prayer that is focused and relentlessly crying out for God to save a dying world.

I commented on my last post that I felt convicted, and I hope you do too. Know I must act upon this conviction. Two quotes from Brian McLaren's book, "Faith that counts, is not the absence of doubt; it's the presence of action", and "...a leap of faith isn't a leap into faith, it's the leap you take because you're already in faith and want to put it into loving action." I have had these two quotes in my mind for awhile, however, until recently I didn't understand why. Now I know. I must take action to pray more for the lost. For starters you can visit the 24-7prayer room that I mentioned in my last post. And if anyone feels passionate about this the way I do, please feel free to give me ideas on how we can make a difference.

Labels:

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates