Recently Played...

« Home | Prayer for the Week » | E-Mail Addiction? » | 100th Post » | The Prayer for the Week » | Posing » | Geeking out » | For my love » | Prayer for the Week » | Liturgy and Fixed Hour Prayer » | Libby is crawling!!! » 

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 

Praying for the Lost

Recently at a Learning Party, for a prayer community that I am apart of, we looked at a guy named Daniel Nash. Here is a guy who understood what prayer could do and what was meant by the verse, "prayer without ceasing." This has impacted my spirit, especially as prayer related to ministry. The quote from the article we looked at shows what I think is the most profound part of what needs to be changed in today's ministries. The article is quite long, but there is so much interesting stuff in it that I would recommend you still give it a read. I hope this inspires you as much as it did me.



DANIEL NASH: PREVAILING PRINCE OF PRAYER

"Finney never counted on his theology, messages, preaching style, logic, or methods to save souls. He looked rather to mighty prayer and the resulting powerful work of the Holy Spirit to sweep in with great conviction on his audience, that his conversions might be thorough. This may well explain why 80 per cent of those converted in his meetings stood the test of time. Years later Moody followed a similar pattern but without such a prayer warrior. He saw perhaps 50 per cent of his converts last. Today, a well-known evangelist (well-financed and highly organized) recently stated that he would be delighted if 20 per cent of his converts were genuinely converted. In this day of apostasy with many decisions but few true conversions, with many programs but little prayer, with much organizing but little agonizing, we would be wise to learn lessons from the past. One of our godly forefathers whose life can teach us such is Daniel Nash."

Labels:

D ...

Thanks for the post.
I have a friend who pastors youth in southern Manitoba. One of the expectations on him each week is that he would spend 3 hours in prayer specifically for the students that he interacts with.

At first I responded with, "Wow! That is crazy and great all at the same time!". As I reflected on it more though, I became sad that his story is so abnormal.

Both Thom and Daniel Nash had tapped into something foundational for seeing souls not only saved, but life-long followers of Christ created.

Hmmmmm ....

::dan::

The more I read of this article the more I am convicted. My next question is where to go now...

Speak your mind

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates