Recently Played...

« Home | Libby's first Thanksgiving » | Libby bouncing » | Okay so its been busy... » | Computer Project Phase One » | Weekend Update » | Calling out for help... » | Daddy and Libby » | Relaxin' in my PJ's » | Man it's hot out » | 5th Anniversary » 

Friday, October 20, 2006 

Busy life continues

Well, fall is well underway and it is so busy that I only found time to blog while I am at a youth workers convention here in Saskatoon. It is a simulcast from BC and it was to start about 20minutes ago, but there is technical difficulties and we are waiting. Luckily, the conference is at my home church and I can connect to the net wirelessly with my mac. So this is my one chance to blog. Well I would like to say that I have some deep things to say, but I am not sure that I do. (I have to type fast now, the technical problems have been solved) The past few weeks at D4 we have been discussing alot about giving, and generousity in our world. Discussing issues about how rich we are in North America and how blessed we are. Then we are turning the corner and trying to get the students to donate to aidscarenow.org campaign. It is interesting to see that kids are giving money. In the past we haven't ever gotten donations from kids and last year when we tried a service project we only had one kid attend. However, I am starting to see kids become more interested in talking about giving time, money, etc, and I pray that they will turn this talking into actions. But now I must ask myself, how generous am I? Am I just giving money and not willing to give of my time? Do I use my job as a way to get out of helping others in the rest of the world? How can I begin to not see 'our' world as 'the' world? While I feel like I have been challenging youth in this area, I feel more so that God is challenging my thinking as well.
'

I too have been challenged by this the past few weeks. Our sermons at church have been focusing on compassion and giving to those around us and it's really got me thinking lately. I'm really excited about what our church is doing this Christmas...they've cancelled the big production and instead we're focusing on giving...to people in the church and our community. We can sign up for different things like food hampers/care package/funding counselling sessions and tonnes of other things. I think it's a great thing to focus our attention on this Christmas. Like you said...in North America we really are all so rich and that includes me.

Speak your mind

About me

  • I'm Daryl
  • From Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from ddgrunau. Make your own badge here.
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates